- We proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- We commit to God’s Word as our guide and standard.
- We treat all people as created and loved by God.
- We maintain a servants heart in all we do.
- We use God’s resources with faithfulness and integrity.
- We pursue excellence as unto the Lord.
Today, more than 12,000 U.S. Churches run AWANA.
There are clubs in all 50 states. AWANA can also be found in 47,000 churches in the U.S. and internationally and in 109 other countries and six continents. Each week, more than 3.7 million kids ages 2 to 18 participate in AWANA. AWANA programs that change young lives through biblical truth. The AWANA program teaches children the Good News of Jesus Christ. Maranatha Chapel hosts one of the largest AWANA groups in southern California. Our clubs and programs make Scripture memorization fun and are geared to the needs of a range of ages and grades.
As a ministry leader for 70 years, Awana is making an impact. A recent national survey found Awana to be as important to our alumni’s spiritual foundation as all other church activities combined. Among alumni who participated in our programs for at least six years, 92.7 percent still attend church at least weekly as adults!
Parents are Welcome for Orientation
If you are interested in being a Super Hero for our youth as an AWANA Leader and the Holy Spirit is prompting you, please let me the Commander know. Awana helps churches and parents work together to develop spiritually strong children and youth who faithfully follow Jesus Christ. Our programs offer a proven approach for evangelizing and discipling kids in the church and community.
WHAT MAKES AWANA UNIQUE?
- Clear, consistent presentation of the Gospel
- Bible memory – our Cornerstone
- Circle games exclusive to Awana
- A fun approach to learning God’s Word
- Leadership training that is second to none
- The church leaders of tomorrow trained to serve today
- Evangelistic focus designed to reach un-churched youth and their families
- The acronym AWANA comes from the first letters of Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed. This motto comes from 2 Timothy 2:15
“Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”
WEEKLY AWANA MEETINGS HELD ON SUNDAY NIGHT!
- Journey 24/7 (High School) @ 4:15pm sharp – 5:30pm
- 3:45pm–4:15pm Optional fellowship for LIT’s
- Trek 24/7 ( Junior High) Start in Fellowship Hall @ 5:00pm sharp – 7:30pm
- T & T 3rd–6th Grade @ 5:30 sharp – 7:30pm
- Puggles, Cubbies, Sparks- Nursery-@ 5:45pm sharp – 7:30pm